Academic Performance

    Your past academic performance gives us an indication as to whether you will thrive in the academic rigor of the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program. To assess this, we review your transcripts and your score on the GMAT or GRE.

    While the grades you earned are one factor, so are the courses you chose, the rigor of your undergraduate major or other graduate studies, the competitiveness of your academic institutions, and your grade point average (GPA).

    We also look carefully at quantitative proficiency. Haas faculty who teach quantitative courses will assume you have mastered the basic material; therefore all applicants should have completed, at a minimum, a college-level mathematics or statistics course.

    Submitting Transcripts

    You must submit one official transcript from every college/university/graduate institution you have attended since secondary/high school graduation, regardless of length of study. It can take 2-3 weeks for an institution to send transcripts, so be sure you allow for enough time by asking well in advance.

    If the institution provides official electronic transcripts, they can be emailed directly from the institution to:

    You may mail academic documents to:

    Evening & Weekend MBA Admissions
    Haas School of Business
    430 Student Services Bldg #1906
    Berkeley, CA 94720-1906

    International Transcripts

    You may scan and upload copies of your non-U.S. transcripts and degree certificates in the online application. If your institution awards a provisional degree certificate, we ask that you please provide only the final degree certificate, as provisional degree certificates will not be accepted.

    Should you be recommended for admission, you will be required to provide our office with the original official records within one week of your application decision.

    Official records are original documents issued by the institution that bear the original stamp or embossed seal of the issuing institution and the stamped or signed signature of the appropriate authorizing official. All other documents are unofficial and will not be accepted.

    Non-English Transcripts

    All official academic records must be issued in the original language and accompanied by English translation prepared by the issuing institution.

    If you are in the United States and have only an official copy of your academic records or diploma certificate in the original language, only translations prepared by an ATA Certified translator from the American Translators Association are acceptable. For more information and the directory of members, consult the ATA website.

    Credential evaluations prepared by other schools or private agencies cannot be submitted in place of original academic records and diploma certificates.

    If you completed an undergraduate program outside of the U.S., please review the English Language Proficiency Requirement information on our page for international applicants