A Culture of Active Allies
We are proud of our active, vocal ally culture at Berkeley Haas, ensuring that our LGBTQ students feel comfortable showing up as their authentic selves in class, at events, and on campus.
Their classmates’ open attitude and genuine interest encourage LGBTQ students to share their stories. This leads to improved understanding and support of LGBTQ issues at Haas and across the Berkeley campus.
Faculty thought-leaders on LGBTQ issues share their research, often in real time, giving students the opportunity to contribute to and influence the forward motion of awareness and understanding of these issues.
Q@Haas, our well-established student club serving the Berkeley Haas LGBTQ community has four goals:
- Build and support lasting connections between and among students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Enhance the professional and personal development of LGBTQ students.
- Increase LGBTQ visibility within the larger school community, ensuring we retain an open and inclusive environment.
- Build awareness around issues of diversity at school and in the workplace.
- The Gender Equity Resource Center at Berkeley, the campus hub for LGBTQ education, advocacy, and support.
- Lavender Cal, Berkeley's network for LGBTQ staff and faculty.
- Queer Caucus at Berkeley Law, providing social opportunities and support for members and organizing events related to political, social, and legal issues affecting the LGBTQ community.